Christianity is getting some attention in pagan Portland. Portland Monthly Magazine has an online article titled, “Jesus’s Favorite City? A group of emerging liberal Christians are rethinking GOD–in Portland’s image”. This article features the following people:
– Dr. Marcus Borg, Canon Theologian at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral (here)
– Rick McKinley, Pastor of Imago Dei (here)
– Bob Hyatt, Pastor of Evergreen Community (here)
– Duke Revard, Bread and Wine (here)
– Dan Merchant, maker of the ‘Lord, Save Us From Your Followers’ movie (here)
It may be that only a whole new way of being the church will reach Portland.
To read the full article go here.
“Perhaps someday we’ll be known as Jesus’s favorite city.”
– Nick Fish, the City Commissioner of Portland, after local churches presented Mayor Sam Adams with a $100,000 check for programs designed to help curb local drop out rates.