These are the links that I found worth sharing this week:
– James K.A. Smith begins a series giving advice to students considering graduate studies. First, he says you need to “think backwards”. Second, he addresses how to choose a discipline. Third, he advises how one should choose a school (with additional advice here). Fourth, he talks about money. Fifth, friends and family.
– Rodney Thomas examines the “Radical Orthodoxy” of John Milbank.
– Ben Myers shares a talk he gave on “the risen Christ and Christian scholarship”.
– Daniel Kirk has some wise words to say about the “Cosmic Christ as Second Adam” in response to the so-called “Big Tent” Christianity folk.
– Roger Olson explains the Arminian understanding of “original sin”.
– T.C. Robinson reviews Justification by N.T. Wright.
– Nick Norelli reviews The Anointed Son by Myk Habets.
– James McGrath provides a lists of blog post on the whole 9/11 Qur’an burning event/non-event/maybe-still-an-event-if-the-media-continues-to-give-Terry-Jones-attention here.
– Trevin Wax identifies three kinds of writers.