After pondering whether or not to take a class on the Book of Isaiah or the Book of Micah I settled on Isaiah for the following reasons:
(1) It is so important to NT literature, especially Pauline.
(2) Although large it fits the professor’s style of teaching. He is very much a “big picture” person while the professor teaching on Micah is a great small picture exegete. It would have been a good decision either way.
(3) The homework load is less in this class and I begin working on my thesis next semester so I can use the wiggle room.
(4) There are some books on Isaiah that I read including J. Ross Wagner’s Hearld of the Good News: Isaiah and Paul in Concert in the Letter to the Romans and Brevard Childs’ The Struggle to Understand Isaiah as Christian Scripture.
(5) I think it would be fun to blog through portions of Isaiah, so expect that in 2011.
Isaiah is v. important for my personal fav GJohn as well. Good choice me thinks 🙂
Comments are closed.